If you’re in need of a California due diligence locate for service of process by publication, we can accommodate your request. All work is done by a licensed investigator. We exercise due diligence by making the necessary search requirements to locate the defendant per the methods available in the Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) 415.10 – 415.50.
A California due diligence locate search is required for all courts. The search includes Registrar of Voters, real and personal property assessment rolls and telephone directories. Some courts also require a Department of Motor Vehicles search and a postal authorities search. This declaration must be done under the penalty of perjury.
In some situations, the court may require a due diligence declaration from the process server, private investigator or private detective showing his attempts and the reasons for lack of service (such as the address for the defendant is not valid or the defendant is evading service).
Due Diligence Locate Fee: Call for Quote. Turnaround time: 1 to 3 working days
Please include this form with your order. Call us with any questions.
For Your Information
- Conducted in the county where the subject resides. Additional searches available.
- We conduct one search based on the name and address provided.
- Must meet FCRA requirements.
- Restrictions apply, call for details.
- Additional services are available. Contact us for a free consultation.